Human Resource Generalist - EHS
5353 Highland Dr Jackson, Mississippi 39206 | contract
Pay Rate: 30-31/hr
Our client is seeking an HR Generalist for a role within an EHS (Environmental Health & Safety) manufacturing environment.
Interested candidates should have 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience and a minimum 3 years’ EHS experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Promote and collaborate with team members to identify new objectives, areas of improvement, activities and guidelines required to effectively drive reduction in environmental, health and safety (EHS) risks and hazards.
- Ensure safe work practices and compliance with EHS policies and procedures
- Responsible for disseminating MESH and legal/regulatory requirements and leading the implementation of these requirements.
- Drive the continuous improvement of all EH&S related activities by facilitating effective preventative/corrective action
- Act as the EH&S Representative for all third party certifications
- Provide ongoing training, at all levels, of EH&S systems, policies, procedures and relevant legislation.
- Manage the internal audit program for all EH&S systems, and collect, analyze and publish applicable data.
- Maintain Environmental Health & Safety policies, practices and metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, manufacturing or business
- 2-3 years of supervisory experience
- Minimum 3 years’ EHS experience in a manufacturing environment
- Human Resources experience an asset
- Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing processes and Six Sigma Tools preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office products-Word, Excel, etc
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced/changing environment
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and planning skills with proven ability to lead change through both direct and indirect influencing abilities
Human Resources Generalist - Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) - 16466