IT Project Manager - PMP
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, Minnesota 55123 | contract
The Project Manager will define the scope and manage all areas of project work while supporting business and program management staff.
- Plan, develop, manage and implement project plan to meet business needs and make decisions to carry out the plan.
- Develop and implement project scope, goals, objectives, policies and priorities;
- Provide direction, leadership and act as an information and support source for project team members.
- Define, document, and execute projects of lower risk, complexity and visibility, and actively participate in all phases of the project
- Oversee project activities in compliance with program priorities and the utilization of resources in order to carry out the goals and objectives.
- Monitor project status to ensure progress toward completion;
- Deliver projects within the constraints of scope, time and cost to agreed levels of quality.
- Proactively manage project scope and change process.
- Actively participate in all phases of the project or specific phases of larger projects.
- Effectively manage project team conflicts and stakeholder relationships.
- Prepare project budget and make recommendations to management;
- Represent project team in meetings and work sessions regarding project status
- BS/BA required. MBA desired
- PMP certification
- Minimum of 1-3 years of IT/Technical Project Management/Planning experience
- Good analytical problem solving skills
- Proven leadership skills
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle(s)
- Experience interacting with internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience building successful client relationships or internal team relationships
- Outstanding attention to detail combined with the ability to see the big picture.
IT Project Manager - PMP Certification - 16404