IT Project Manager - Technology Delivery
257 West Genesse Street Buffalo, New York 14202 | contract
IT Project Manager / Technology Delivery Manager
Pay Rate: $53-55/hr
In this role, you will oversee and manage the delivery of software and technical changes in support of corporate initiatives. The Technology Delivery Manager is responsible for successfully managing one or more software development/technology projects within the constraints of scope quality time and cost.
This position works in a team environment and provides technical project management oversight across multiple delivery organizations.
- Defines and confirms technology deliverables supporting a project’s scope and objectives.
- Guides activities of the technology delivery teams including delegating tasks to team members identifying resources required for delivery and establishing a master timeline for deliverables.
- Develops detailed work plans schedules estimates resource plans and status reports for all technical deliverables of a project.
- Identification of tasks and dependencies resource acquisition and direction budgeting and forecasting progress tracking and development of corrective actions as required and conflict resolution
- Manages the integration of technology vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables.
- Creates and maintains technology budgets and schedules in support of overall project objectives.
- Facilitates an effective Project Change Control process on behalf of Information Technology to ensure the impact of all changes on project plans schedules and budgets are clearly articulated prior to final decisions.
- Manages the Software development lifecycle for all assigned projects.
- Leads cross functional delivery and technical support teams to complete technology projects / deliverables
- Conducts project/program meetings and is responsible for project/program tracking and analysis relative to the technical deliverables of a project.
- Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team.
- Identifies and manages potential issues and risks across multiple projects
- Communicates to client/vendors/leadership/overall project manager.
- Communicate plans status and issues within the team group or project
- Serves as the primary point of communication for the technology components of a project.
- Bachelors Degree (Computer Science or Information Technology related area of study)
- Minimum of 5 years technology project management experience required or a combination of education and experience in software development or technology management which would provide an equivalent background.
- Previous experience managing software delivery projects preferred.
- Software development requirements management technology architecture and solutions design software engineering SQA project planning Configuration Management;
- Incident and problem management
- Troubleshooting and Problem Diagnosis;
- Vendor Performance Management.
- PC Skills: MS Word Intermediate; MS Excel Advanced; MS PowerPoint Intermediate; MS Project Advanced; MS Visio Intermediate.
- Possesses awareness of significant contributing factors to managing technology projects specifically related to software development demonstrates a solid understanding of the end to end SDLC methodologies including change management configuration management source control traceability and risk management.
- Health Insurance Industry Knowledge
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously while maintaining quality standards and meeting assigned deadlines.
- Ability to manage assigned project budget.
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to meet collaboration and/or documentation standards.
- Stakeholder Relations; Negotiation Skills;
- Thought Leadership; Leadership; Strategic Thinking;
- Global Perspective; Professional Demeanor; Influence and Persuasion;
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
IT Project Manager / Technology Delivery Manager - 16026