Information Risk (IRM) Specialist
New York, New York 10286 | contract
New York, NY
Contract - Full-Time (40 hours per week)
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 7 years experience, CISSP certification and strong experience in a Technology Risk, Information Risk, Information Security or an IT Audit role.
Overview of IRM Specialist Role
- Drive and support the development of strategic program elements and provide input to risk prioritization, including the development and implementation of key metrics (KRIs, KPIs)
- Support the development of information risk strategic program elements creating business value and helping to streamline technology development.
- Review internal and external IT projects and applications for risk issues and ensure adherence to security policies and industry best practices and security controls.
- Drives the enforcement and interpretation of company information risk policies and standards and collaborates with other subject matter experts to determine business/project impact
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Advanced Degree preferred – MSc in IT Security
- 5-7 years' experience
- CISSP certification required
- CISM, CRISC, or CISA preferred
- PMI or PrinceYear project management certification preferred
- Experience in one or more financial industry risk, compliance, control and governance disciplines
- In-depth understanding of information security principles and best practices across the industry as well as project management principles
- Strong stakeholder management, relationship-building, collaboration and presentational capabilities.
- Experience of carrying out risk reviews, technology audits or other similar work
- Thorough understanding of Risk Assessment approaches and methodologies
- Strong bias toward quantitative risk data rather than subjective reporting is required
Information Risk (IRM) Lead Specialist - CISSP - 15916