Inventory / Purchasing Administrator
3938 Porett Drive Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15106 | Contract
ERP Manufacturing Administrator / Machine Shop Customer Support
Currently have an opening with our manufacturing client for a Machine Shop ERP Support Administrator.
The ideal candidate will have a strong customer service background, experience with ERP and some experience working in a machine / job shop environment.
The Machine Shop ERP Support Administrator will provide administrative support, working in both an office and machine shop environment, and will work cross functionally with people both internally and externally.
Duties will include:
- Answering and responding to customer inquiries, phone calls, emails and other tasks to meet or exceed the customer demands
- Working within Microsoft NAV (ERP software) for various transactions including but not limited to: entering sales orders, entering purchase orders, posting shipments inventory transactions
- Creating technical manuals for equipment prior to shipment
- Placing orders with vendors and following up to expedite as necessary
- Providing technical support for small machines, collecting information from customer to troubleshoot issues
- Assisting with inventory checks and making sure minimum levels are met.
- Maintaining schedules and distributing weekly reports
- Providing administrative support as needed
Qualifications, Skills and Background
- Associate's Degree preferred
- 5+ years customer service experience (preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
- ERP experience; Experience with Microsoft NAV preferred
- Experience working in a job shop environment
- Ability to suggest and implement process improvements
- Mechanical aptitude to listen to customer’s machine problems and provide first level of troubleshooting
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills