Java Developer - Mid-Level
161 Thorn Hill Road Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15086 | Contract
Full-time, direct hire opportunity for a mid-level Java Software Developer in the Pittsburgh, PA area.
The Java Developer designs, develops, builds, tests, maintains, and supports web-based software systems.
Java Developer Responsibilities
- Develop software according to requirements, using good programming practices and in conformance with architectural principles like performance, scalability, maintainability, etc.
- Perform maintenance and support, interfacing with users to analyze problems and provide solutions.
- Provide input into requirements for development, understanding internal and external customer desires and what is feasible in the current system and keep up-to-date with latest technologies and architectural advances. (15%)
- Design and execute accurate tests and ensure code is defect free.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years experience in full project lifecycle software development, strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of object-oriented programming and analysis.
- Experience with Java/JEE, strongly preferred.
- Technical knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL.
- Experience with multiple programming languages and frameworks, preferred.
- Ability to travel on occasion as required
Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident as required by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Java Developer - 15416