Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania | Direct Hire
Full-Time, Direct Hire Opening
Overview of Job Duties
- Java developer responsibilities include designing and developing high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems and delivering high-availability and performance
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well designed, testable, efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Bachelor of Science, preferably in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience in software development required;
- Thorough knowledge of the software development cycle.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology would be a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in JAVA based Web application development required;
- Knowledge of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) with experience in RESTful API design and development; demonstrated experience of building a new web-based SOA application into production is highly desired.
- Working knowledge of Alfresco BPM and Activiti BPM would be a plus, but not a requirement.
- Web Service design and development, REST/JSON preferred. Understanding of Websockets.
- Spring Boot Knowledge also a plus.
- Hibernate/JPA, JDBC implementation
- Apache/Tomcat hosting environment set up and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of Oracle DB, SQL skills.
- System integration experience including batch, real-time, including with message queues
- Good Analytical & Communication skills
- Good problem solver and self-starter
Preferred Technical Background
- Git, SVN (source code)
- Maven, Node/NPM, Grunt, Bower, Jenkins (Build)
- Protractor, Jasmine, Karma (Testing)
Java Developer - 15729