Labor and Employment State Litigation Specialist
New Orleans, LA 70112 | contract
Remote work from 15-25 hours per week between 8 am and 5 pm.
Our client is looking for a temporary contractor with substantial with substantial experience in labor and employment law in the state of Louisiana.
The State Litigation Specialist will work on documents to publish for online law services.
- Write, edit, and update state-specific litigation resources for online law portal
- Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise after final review of these resources.
- JD (Juris Doctorate); State Bar Admission
- At least six years’ experience working as a labor and employment lawyer in a law firm or as in-house counsel in Louisina, and general expertise in labor and employment law.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills, including:
- Ability to write about complex legal issues clearly and simply.
- very close attention to detail;
- impressive command of grammar, punctuation, and plain English; and
- Enthusiasm and ambition, with a desire to improve the efficiency of legal services.
- Understanding of the needs and priorities of law firm attorneys, in-house counsel and the legal market in general.
- Strong communication skills, particularly given remote nature of position.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
State Litigation Specialist - Louisiana Law - Part-Time - Remote - 16743