540 White Plains Rd Tarrytown, NY 10591 | contract
Pay Rate: 15/hr
The Laboratory Technician will be working in a prototype lab. Duties include, but are not limited to, mixing chemicals, developing suspensions, testing samples, process documentation.
Bachelor's Degree in a scientific field
Associate Degree and 4 years practical laboratory experience
High School diploma is required with 6 years practical laboratory experience
- Experience in laboratory activity - performance experiments, familiarity with pH measurement, basic chemical mixing, basic chemical conversion and mass balance calculation
- Basic knowledge of chemical instrumentation
- Basic knowledge of chemical compatibility
- Basic knowledge of chemical handling and chemical storage
- Strong sense of work ethic and self-motivation.
- Must operate with a high sense of urgency.
- Must be able to work comfortably in a team environment and also effectively on individual efforts.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable with email, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
Laboratory Technician - 16590