Learning and Development Specialist
602 Copper Road Freeport, Texas 77541 | contract
Learning and Development Specialist - Trainer
Pay Rate: 25-30/hr
Interested candidate should have a Bachelor's Degree, 5 or more years of experience in learning, training and development along with experience in ISD (Instructional Systems Design).
This role serves as a training expert within the Engineering and Maintenance department and is responsible for all phases of training program analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation.
- Design, development, delivery, and evaluation of hands on and classroom training for unit specific material.
- Auditing and ensuring proper training documentation.
- Working with the site L&D Coordinator and customers to identify, disseminate, and coordinate developmental and regulatory training opportunities.
- Developing programs for specific training based on content provided by subject matter experts (SME’s) and outside training sources.
- Ensuring the accuracy and availability of all training materials (paper, electronic, and other media).
- Balancing computer-based, classroom, and hands on training to maximize effectiveness.
- Minimizing costs by maintaining the training schedules and coordinating training for qualification and certification
- Coordinating site and corporate training initiatives
- Collaborating with external resources (outside of their unit/dept) to analyze the needs, design, develop, implement, document, and measurement of training
- Coaching and developing unit/department employees to establish a high performance culture
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years equivalent Learning and Development experience and/or training
- Presentation development and delivery experience
- Technical writing and technical course/curriculum development
- Instructional Systems Design (ISD) experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Detail oriented; strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and lead teams
Learning and Development Specialist - Trainer - 16491