3 Times Square New York, New York 10036 | contract
New York, NY
The ideal Linux Engineer background will include:
- 5+ years of Linux experience in an enterprise environment
- Detailed knowledge of Linux systems (recent versions of RHEL, CentOS)
- Familiar with virtualization concepts – hypervisors, guests, containers.
- Proficient at operating a Linux system via the command line environment
- Shell scripting – ability to automate daily command-line operations with reliability in mind.
- Bash familiarity required
- Familiar with networking concepts such as IP addressing, routing, firewalling and basic network troubleshooting tools such as netstat, traceroute, telnet.
- Familiar with basic security concepts and best practices related to authentication, auditing and access monitoring such as ssh, sudo, syslog
- Working knowledge of software packaging concepts based on RPM and yum
- Exposure to public and private cloud technologies and services such as Openstack, AWS, etc.
- Hands-on experience with infrastructure logging, monitoring, and alerting tools
- Troubleshooting knowledge of network routing and protocols is beneficial, exposure to packet tracing tools such as tcpdump and Wireshark is ideal