Meadowbrook Rd Toccoa, GA 30577 | contract
Pay Rate: 25-30/hr
Opening with our manufacturing client in Toccoa, GA.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data to drive continuous improvement in order to improve worker safety/ergonomics, reduce cost, increase efficiency and improve quality.
- Floor support – Problem solving, sense of urgency to production needs, training operators, learn tooling issues and machine controls.
- Drawing support - Problem solving, designing fixtures/tooling, creating drawings, organizing and prioritizing work load.
- Support weekly cross-functional Lean BOS meetings:
- Modify existing routers and bills as appropriate.
- Create operator TPM process.
- Reduce setup times and lead times.
- Improve product quality
- Drive EHS improvements
- Develop capital plans in order to procure new equipment and tooling or modify existing equipment.
- Implement new manufacturing processes or manage transition of manufacturing processes to support the overall manufacturing strategy for the plant.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Materials).
- Masters' Degree preferred
- Minimum 3 years of manufacturing engineering experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment in an engineering capacity (Manufacturing/Design/Product/Process)
- Ability to design manufacturing tooling, equipment, and fixtures for new and existing production parts.
- Knowledge in the following areas:
- Machine knowledge preferred - Press/CNC/Lathes/Hydroforming machinery
- Programming – Mastercam/G code
- Software – AutoCad/Pro E/Inventor/Solid Works/Catia
- Fixture design
- Tooling and Die/Machinist
- Lean understanding – Six sigma a plus
- Scanning w Faro and Geomagic knowledge
- Metal forming experience
- 3D printing
- Six Sigma Black belt preferred
- Solid communication skills
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
Manufacturing Development Engineer - 16611