300 S East Avenue Jackson, Michigan 49203 | contract
The ideal candidate will have experience in the aerospace industry, knowledge of 3D design along with lean manufacturing and six sigma principles.
Pay Rate: 23-25/hr
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and environmentally responsible manufacturing processes
- Design tooling utilizing 3D modeling software and drafting
- Equipment selection and design
- Identifying and optimizing process parameters.
- Design to cost and design for manufacturing analysis (Lean/Six Sigma focus).
- Apply tolerance stack ups, design standards, and GD&T to product design evaluations/reviews.
- Work with suppliers and procurement team to purchase equipment, tooling, and supplies as required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Equipment and tooling design/3D modeling with detailed understanding of GD&T.
- Aerospace experience
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Proficient at AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC, FMEA, and PPAP.
- Mechanical and control knowledge applied to equipment design and troubleshooting.
- Experience with:
- Thermoplastic Tube Extrusion
- Plastic Injection Molding
- Plastic Welding
- Composite Layup
- Thermoplastic Tube Bending
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Strong problem solving skills
Manufacturing Engineer - Aerospace Industry - 16393