One Tuscarawas Rd Beaver, PA 15009 | contract
Pay Rate: 20-25/hr
This position monitors and reports assigned inventory segments at the plant to ensure material availability and accurate forecasting for customer orders and suppliers.
- Assists in the monitoring of demand and capacity in order to ensure level loading of the plant.
- Analyzes inventory levels and forecast data to meet profit and inventory targets and goals.
- Balances current and future requirements with manufacturing capability in order to execute the production plan to meet customer requirements and minimize costs.
- Expedites material, where required, to improve shortfall between current plan and requirements to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Analyzes data, including enterprise requirement planning information, and prepares reports as needed for execution and recommended action
- Participates in the engineering change process in order to minimize impact on production, inventory and customer requirements.
- Prepares regular reports showing product line performance, fill rates and delivery information
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Materials Management
- 3-5 years similar buying/purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with buying and purchasing of high volume parts and materials
- Knowledge of MAPICS ERP software
- Lean and Six Sigma exposure
Material Planner - 16678