168 Georgetown Road Canonsburg, Pennsylvania 15317 | Direct Hire
We have a full-time, direct hire opportunity with our client in Canonsburg, PA for a Mechanical Designer.
The ideal candidate will have 7 to 10 years of experience and advanced experience with 3D modeling in Inventor and GD&T.
In this role, the Mechanical Designer will develop procedures and tools for testing, calibrating, and verification of eletro-mechanical equipment and related products.
- Design and develop electro-mechanical equipment solutions
- Manage design projects
- Create drawings and 3D models
- Review the work of others including Designers and Drafters.
- Generate detail drawings with GD&T
- Organize and output Bills of Materials.
- Creation of catalog pages, illustrations and animations.
- Perform variety of tasks related to new design and project work. included but not limited to purchasing support, UL/ETL interface, Quality, Production assistance.
- Associate Degree in a technical field plus 10 years of experience OR a BSME with at least 7 years of mechanical design systems experience
- Inventor 3D CAD software expertise
- Knowledge of GD&T principles
- Advanced experience with 3D modeling and assemblies in a CAD environment
- Familiarity with production methods such as injection molding, stampings and extrusions as well as machining and fabricating technology
- Practical understanding of design for manufacturability and automation
- Familiarity with project management methodologies
- Exceptional organizational, time management, communications and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
Mechanical Designer / Inventor / GD&T - 16309