2880 W Argyle St Jackson, Michigan 49202 | contract
Pay Rate: 22/hr
Monday - Friday (11:30 pm - 8:00 am)
Our client is in need of a Mechanical Technician for a 3rd shift. The Technician will test products and maintain test machinery and equipment under direction of test engineers.
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints for test specifications, procedures, objectives and test equipment.
- Performs testing in accordance with test specifications, including test setup, test equipment adjustment and sample and data storage.
- Drafts detailed drawings or sketches as necessary for fabrication of equipment or setup components.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power equipment, servo systems, machine tools, and measuring instruments.
- Sets up and conducts tests of hydraulic components to evaluate product performance toward support of customer requirements.
- Associate's Degree in Engineering or related sciences, or equivalent certification from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years equivalent experience or 4 years’ experience working in a technical / laboratory setting without degree or certification.
- Knowledge of test equipment operation, machine hydraulics, data acquisition and inspection equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Broad knowledge of test machines and instruments.
- General knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Print reading and dimensional inspection capability.
- Basic mathematics, graph reading and calculations are required.
- Experience with PC-based control systems.
- Prior knowledge with measurement / data acquisition systems, instrumentation wiring and documentation.
Mechanical Technician - 3rd Shift - 16247