Medical Billing Specialist
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19079 | contract
Pay Rate: $20/hr
Looking for a candidate who is a detail-oriented and focused professional billing specialist with a successful track record handling complicated assignments.
Highly experienced in reconciling insurance and patient payments and well-versed in billing software and medical insurance regulations.
Advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge - Pivot Tables & V-Lookups would be a plus.
- Timely follow up on insurance claim denials, exceptions or exclusions and resolve accordingly.
- Make necessary arrangements for authorization; medical records request, completion of additional information requested by the Insurance companies.
- Manage actions relating to patient refunds; delinquent accounts and collection agencies
- Assist SOX; Insurance and other internal audits
- Reading and interpreting insurance explanation of benefits
- Regularly meet with Manager to discuss and resolved reimbursement issues or billing obstacles.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting or related financial discipline.
- 3 years of Billing experience required; 5 years of experience preferred
- Advanced Excel - Pivot Tables & V-Lookups a plus
- Familiarity with medical terminology and drug classification, HCPCS/CPT and ICD-10 coding
- Working knowledge of billing and payment cycles, as well as insurance benefits investigation, drug authorization process.
- Experience with the Insurance and PBM appeal process
- Ability to multi-task and work courteously and respectfully with internal and external partners.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with various Insurance payers
- Goal-oriented, revenue-driven with high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills
Medical Billing Specialist - 15661