3 Times Square New York, New York 10036 | contract
- Administering, implementing, and monitoring enterprise production and pre-production network environments.
- Maintain functionality of the enterprise network infrastructure 24x7x365, adhering to all policies and procedures.
- Advanced problem determination, resolution, and analysis of root cause advanced Cisco routing and switching, traffic analysis.
- Coordinate and lead activities between different external groups to support client connectivity migrations across various extranet providers
- Provide engineering assistance relative to design compatibility.
- 5 years’ experience in the IT field, administration and engineering
- Experience with network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, multicast)
- Solid understanding of Cisco internetworks, routing and switching and related protocols, LAN/WAN, Security, firewalls, load balancers and monitoring devices.
- Ability to use tools such as Wireshark or tcpdump to capture and analyze end-to-end TCP/IP protocol traffic for problem determination and security review.
- Familiarity with certificate based authentication ( client and server, mutual, PKI )
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Network Engineer - Cisco - 16090