100 Bayer Road Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15205 | contract
In this role, the Network Engineer will become part of an experienced team dedicated to monitoring IT Infrastructure devices, including servers and network switches and routers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Installs, configures, and maintains monitoring software including SCOM, Nagios, CA Spectrum, CA Performance Manager, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, IBM BigFix, HP SiteScope, and other monitoring architecture.
- Designs, supports, and administers cloud services in Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Provides routine technical support to clients for monitoring products.
- Works with software vendors to identify and correct program defects.
- Works in cooperation with first level support analysts
- Researches and makes recommendations on monitoring products, services, and standards in support of development efforts.
- Works as a member of a Global IT team.
- Creates and maintaining procedural documents.
- Bachelor’s Degree in field and 6+ years of experience OR High School Diploma or equivalent with 10+ years of industry experience
- Practical Knowledge & Experience with monitoring tools.
- 5+ years of experience working with SCOM, Nagios, IBM BigFix (formerly known as IBM License Metric Tool) preferred.
- Experience in HP Sitescope, CA-Spectrum, CA Performance manager, Cisco Prime Infrastructure helpful.
- Knowledge in SNMP traps and SNMP queries.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Azure and AWS cloud services.
- Ad-hoc scripting skills for UNIX/LINUX/Windows environments.
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network monitoring software
- Expert knowledge of IBM products and licensing structure.
- Off hours and weekend support are required along with less than 5% travel.
- Participation in a rotating 24 hour / 7 day on-call rotation is required.
Network Engineer / Enterprise Systems Manager - 15701