2 T.W.ALEXANDER DRIVE Raleigh, North Carolina 27709 | contract
Pay Rate: $32/hr
In this role, the Network Technician will assist with R&D software and hardware deployments with standard and non-standard operating systems & hardware configurations with networking communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide user support, troubleshooting, issue tracking and software documentation for R&D hardware and software.
- Support networked laboratory computers / instruments and troubleshoot connections as needed.
- Ensure continuous monitoring of all laboratory data operations.
- Implement backup procedures and restore activities for the laboratory environment for short and long term retention of instrument data.
- Support the laboratory PC sign-on facility that has been set up so that all data is stored centrally.
- Support and troubleshoot barcode scanners and label printers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business
- Experience in technical support of laboratory IT environments;
- Experience in GLP regulated laboratory IT environments is preferred, or ability to quickly learn the unique requirements and procedures involved in validated systems.
- Application database (SQL, Oracle) and related R&D software, LIMS niche.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows XP (the latter being nearly phased out), and ability to deploy PC images and rebuild PC’s from scratch when necessary.
- Ability to work with scientists to specify and order specialized PC hardware and software as needed for new scientific instrumentation being acquired.
- Strong knowledge of network topologies. This includes understanding the configurations of firewalls, VPNs, and routing protocols, and working with the networking team to set up the necessary configurations.
- Good team player; excellent communications skills;
- Demonstrated track record of delivering timely and effective IT technical support.
- Strong customer relationship skills are required for daily interaction with on-site R&D scientists and lab support personnel.