Oracle Database Administrator
2000 Corporate Dr Canonsburg, PA 15317
Opening with our client for an Oracle Database Administrator.
Looking for someone with experience in Oracle Exadata along with PostgreSQL open source knowledge.
In this role, you will design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
You are responsible for ensuring that data recovery, data integrity, and database performance, availability, and maintenance are met through applying best practices and monitoring of policies, standards, and system processes relating to database management.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Science, Math or related discipline
- Oracle Professional Database Administrator certification is preferred
- 5+ years experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of Oracle databases with some experience on an Exadata Engineered system computing environment
- PostgreSQL experience
- Oracle High Availability techniques including RAC and data guard
- Thorough understanding of Oracle database performance tuning, design, security, scalability and industry best practices for administration
- Experience in data extract, migration, queuing, and replication facilities with a preference to GoldenGate
- Proficient Oracle PL/SQL and SQL coding skills
- Proficient Oracle SQL performance tuning and optimization skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; good interpersonal skills
Oracle Database Administrator - 20186