Oracle Database Architect
2000 Corporate Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317
The Database Architect’s role is to strategically design and implement operational databases, data marts, and data warehouses, while ensuring high levels of data availability.
This individual is also responsible for defining data standards and models for all datable architectures ensuring consistency and synchronization across platforms.
The Database Architect will work with the Business Intelligence, Database, Systems, and Application Development teams to refine conceptual system design requirements into a technical design consisting of job flows, maintenance, and production support.
The Database Architect makes certain that the technical solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in the database group’s knowledge of and concern for the users’ business needs.
Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline preferred or equivalent level of work experience
- Oracle Professional Database Administrator certification preferred
- 5 to 7 years experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, tuning, and supporting Oracle databases in a distributed multi-platform computing environment
- Expert knowledge of the Oracle database architecture and internals and in-depth theoretical knowledge of online transaction processing (OLTP) and online analytic processing (OLAP) relational database techniques
- Understanding of designing and implementing Oracle operational and warehousing database environments with attention to scalability, availability, data integrity, and security
- Project management skills with ability to manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage client expectations
Oracle Database Architect - IT Database Architect - 16773