2000 Corporate Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317
In this role, the Pl / SQL Developer will design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
The Database Developer ensures that data recovery, data integrity, and database performance, availability, and maintenance are met through applying best practices and monitoring of policies, standards, and system processes relating to database management.
The Database Developer makes certain that database solutions meet business objectives and establishes and maintains a high level of user trust and confidence in the database group’s knowledge of and concern for the users’ business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline preferred or equivalent work experience
- Oracle Professional Database Administrator certification preferred
- 3+ years experience in the design, administration, programming, and support of Oracle databases in a distributed Unix (Solaris preferred) computing environment
- Experience administering Microsoft SQLServer databases is desirable
- Thorough understanding of the Oracle database architecture and solid theoretical knowledge of relational database techniques
- Thorough understanding of Oracle database performance tuning, design, security, scalability and industry best practices for administration
- Experience in data extract, migration, queuing, and replication facilities
- Oracle PL/SQL and SQL coding skills
- Oracle SQL performance tuning and optimization skills
- Experience with Unix scripting languages (e.g., Korn shell, Perl)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; good interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to present and explain technical information to diverse types of audiences in a way that establishes rapport and gains understanding
PL / SQL Developer - Database Administrator - DBA - 16774