Payroll Clerk - Part-Time
700 Luicks Ln Belmond, IA 50421 | contract
Pay Rate: 20-23/hr
The Payroll Clerk is responsible for all aspects of payroll, including timecard entry. Data must be entered quickly and accurately; data must be transcribed, interpreted, and verified for correctness. Incumbent also will provide general clerical duties which include but are not limited to: data entry using Microsoft Word and Excel applications, AS400, as well as the Oracle business system
- Maintains payroll information by collecting time cards from Production Supervisors and employees on the shop floor, calculating, and entering data.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions and deductions.
- Reports and balances payroll weekly.
- Validates and transmits payroll files with corporate payroll team.
- Updates FMLA code changes (as needed) .
- Enters new employee maintenance and vacation adjustments (as needed).
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, deductions, and leaves of absence.
- Prepares reports for perfect attendance (monthly), as well as both daily and weekly overtime.
- Provides vacation usage and absence summaries to plant management.
- Updates production management on plant metrics (e.g., Direct Labor, Direct Labor Efficiency, and Overtime) daily.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- High School Diploma or GED requireed
- Minimum 1 year of professional working experience in Accounting, Finance, and/or Data Entry
- Must be a team player and able to provide accurate and timely responses to other ad hoc requests.
Part-Time Payroll Clerk - 16594