Production Supervisor - Apparel
400 Hunt Valley Drive Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15068 | Direct Hire
Production Supervisor - Apparel - Production Department - 2nd SHIFT
Full-time, Direct Hire role
2nd Shift Hours: 2 pm - 10 pm
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 10 years experience in a production leadership role.
The ideal Production Supervisor candidate will have creative problem-solving skills, a well-rounded manufacturing and continuous improvement background, and the ability to energize and develop effective teams.
Production Supervisor Essential Functions include:
- Oversee workflow on the production floor.
- Work to continuously improve the efficiencies and quality standards of the production area.
- Monitor departmental and individual performance and provide appropriate feedback, encouragement, and discipline when necessary
- Interview and hire new employees; Monitor time cards, absences and tardiness.
- Provide technical support to staff as needed
- Maintain a positive work environment through leadership
- Train, coach and mentor team leads and employees.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree (Engineering, Management)
- 5-10 years in a production supervisor / leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
- Continuous Improvement background
- Lean and Six Sigma experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.) proficiency
- Strong leadership, employee relations and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle multiple task and priorities; Organized