QA Automation Engineer
5800 Corporate Drive Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15237 | Direct Hire
Full-Time, Direct Hire opening for a QA Automation Engineer in Pittsburgh, PA
Responsibilities of the Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
- Product and system testing, including testing of updates and new releases of the software.
- Build test strategies, write and execute test plans, file defect reports, and communicate with the QA team about issues, risk, and product quality.
- Update existing automated and manual tests and execute test cases for new requirements
- Participate in deployment and user acceptance testing during releases
- Collaboration with the Development and Support teams to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues to ensure the effectiveness and quality of product.
- Participate in Agile sprint planning, stand-ups and retrospective meetings
- Planning and execution of automated testing plans and scripts in accordance with schedule.
- Full documentation of testing procedures and issues to ensure compliance with standards.
- Review and monitor escalated incidents and assist the team in achieving resolution as needed.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- At least 3 years of experience with manual and automated testing and developing automated tests
- Solid understanding of development processes and SDLC
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and technical judgement
- Experience with testing databases, including changes
- Deep knowledge of SQL, Web Technologies, .NET, scripting
- Experience with developing and executing quality assurance test scripts and test plans.
- Demonstrable expertise in testing frameworks like Selenium, TestingWhiz, HPE UFT, TestComplete etc.
- Mobile test automation experience a plus (iOS, Android)