Quantitative Risk Analyst
3333 Richmond Road, Suite 110 Beachwood, Ohio 44122 | contract
Pay Rate: 19/hr
Interested candidates need to have a Master's Degree/PhD along with superb quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation coupled with strong programming, documentation and communications skills.
The Quantitative Risk Analyst is responsible for developing, maintaining and validating models that will support company's stress testing program.
The initial focus will be on developing models to produce macroeconomic variable forecasts. These models will serve as the foundation to analyze various types of financial risks (such as operational risk, credit risk, market risk and interest rate risk) inherent in the Corporation's business activities and processes.
These results are reported to Senior Management and the Board of Directors on a regular basis as a key input to risk management and capital adequacy decision making.
Models must use methodologies that are theoretically sound, with modeling choices, assumptions and parameters that are justifiable and supportable.
The incumbent ensures that model development, implementation, data input, reporting, documentation, validation and maintenance use best practices, adhere to consistency and quality standards, and follow the guidance of corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
Requirements and Experience
- Master's Degree/PhD (preferred), Master's candidates (considered) in a quantitative discipline (e.g., finance, economics, mathematics, physics, statistics or engineering);
- 2 or more years of academic/industry experience in complex quantitative modeling; experience in numerical analysis and computational methods using programming languages (such as C/C++, C#, Java, FORTRAN, Python, VBA) and mathematical/statistical software packages (such as R, MATLAB, SAS, Eviews, Stata, SPSS).
- Excellent quantitative and analytical background with a solid theoretical foundation
- Must be extremely focused, detail oriented, results oriented and highly productive.
- Excellent scientific and technical documentation and presentation skills, assertiveness & influencing skills
Quantitative Risk Analyst - 16499