Railway Signaling - System Integrations Engineer
61-20 Woodside Avenue Queens, New York 11377 | Direct Hire
Systems Integrations Engineer
Currently have an opening for a Systems Integrations Engineer in Queens, NY.
In this role as Systems Integrations Engineer, you will:
- Lead integration activities for the entire system;
- Develop the project system integration and test plan; plan, coordinate and execute all tasks required to achieve the project milestones;
- Interface and collaborate with sub-system engineers and third parties for design and implementation;
- Provide test and commissioning oversight and input for all sub-systems;
- Oversee technical deliverables to ensure schedule and quality of work are maintained, including installation design, configuration management, reliability and quality;
- Ensure design addresses proper physical interface;
- Prepare estimates to complete work tasks;
- Monitor engineering progress against budget throughout project duration.
Requirements and Background of the Systems Integrations Engineer
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related discipline; Master’s Degree a plus
- At least 8 years of experience with providing technical leadership on large-scale, systems integration projects;
- Previous work experience with railway signaling systems, specifically Communication Based Train Control (CBTC), Positive Train Control (PTC) or related signaling technologies is preferred;
- Excellent understanding of systems integration & test concepts and procedures as well as the entire rail system development life-cycle
- Experience developing and reviewing test procedures, scope, and methodologies within the transportation industry
- Ability to keep projects on schedule and within budget
- Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally as required for projects (approximately 10-15%).
Systems Integrations Engineer - 15731