610 Opperman Dr Eagan, Minnesota 55123 | contract
This role is primarily responsible for conducting in-depth research and analysis of legal information. The Research Attorney must be able to analyze large amounts of complicated legal information, identify legal issues, and critically assess the relevancy of caselaw and other resources to a legal issue.
Westlaw expertise, advanced legal research skills, and a passion for delivering quality work are essential to this position.
Key responsibilities include:
- conducting significant and advanced legal research across all types of content and practice areas;
- assessing, analyzing and interpreting legal information;
- identifying relationships and patterns among legal information sets;
- communicating findings and questions with manager and team members.
- JD required
- Admission to a state bar preferred
- 1–3 years of legal experience preferred
- Strong legal research skills with experience using Westlaw and other legal research tools
- Ability to interpret, analyze, organize, and express complex legal material quickly and accurately
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a quickly changing environment
- Ability to work independently, consistently meet deadlines, and achieve individual objectives within larger team projects
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel and Outlook
Research Attorney - JD required - Westlaw - 15722