1501 Lebanon Church Road Pittsburgh, PA 15236-1491 | Contract
Safety Engineer - Rail Systems
Full-time, direct hire role
Interested candidates need to have experience with railway systems and rail systems hardware and software development knowledge and experience.
In this role as Safety Engineer, you are responsible for providing assurance that the signaling systems meets safety requirements.
You will plan and perform hazard analysis, review design and test documentation, and provide insight on the suitability of the signaling system to satisfy safety requirements.
You will work with the project team to ensure compliance with internal processes and safety standards.
This position requires working on the project fromt start-up, to provide the project team with expert guidance to a successful safety assessment.
- Bachelor's Degree in related Engineering Discipline; Master's Degree preferred
- 6+ years experience
- Experience with railway signaling systems or other safety critical systems required
- Understanding of safety concepts and procedures within Safety Engineering
- Knowledge of CENELEC standards for railways.
- Experience with hazard identification and analyses (FTA, FMEA, PHA, SHA, SSHA, IHA, OSHA), Safety architectures and CCF Analysis;
- Knowledge of requirement engineering: requirement management and requirement traceability;
- Knowledge of configuration management;
- Knowledge of Hardware and Software design
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of DOORS preferred
- Knowledge of Version Control Tools preferred
Safety Engineer - Rail Systems - 16761