Senior Business Subject Matter Expert
Harrisburg, PA 17110 | contract
The Senior Business Subject Matter Expert (SME) brings proven experience from related businesses or organizations as well as system integration and technology experience. They consult with the client to define needs or problems, conduct research, perform studies and surveys to obtain data, and analyze problems to advise and make recommendations on business and technical solutions based on hands-on experience solving similar business problems.
- Ensure that the scrum team adheres to scrum theory, practices and rules, and work as a servant leader within the project team.
- Execute the backlog as wished by product owner, making sure that deliverables are on time with production quality.
- Develop and maintain project control documents in accordance with enterprise project management methodologies, including: project charters, cost plans, capacity management plans, risk management plans, communications plans, governance plans, schedules, change management plans, knowledge management plans and quality assurance plans.
- Develop detailed project plans using project scheduling tools such as Microsoft Project.
- Lead all project plan development activities, including identification of phases, activities, tasks, deliverables, milestones, dependencies, schedules and assignment of resources
- Prepare formal reports on the status and health of the IT projects, including periodic status reports, management dashboards and project metrics.
- Monitor project quality, schedule and budget; Facilitate actions to mitigate risk and address issues that arise.
- Facilitate the risk and issue management processes for IT projects by maintaining risk and issue logs, identifying risks and issues and communicating issues and risks according to project governance
- Manage the project change control process for issues that impact the quality, schedule or budget of the project by: documenting change requests, securing approval for changes and documenting approved changes in accordance to project governance.
- 15+years overall relevant experience
- 5+ years full-time experience as a project manager for large and complex information technology projects
- 2+ years of senior or lead project management experience including supervision of project management teams required
- 2+ years of experience desired in:
- utilizing iterative project management methodologies
- utilizing agile project management methodologies
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate others to complete tasks
- Experience with Microsoft VSTS
- Experience in managing 3rd party relationships with external suppliers (desired)
- Familiarity with .Net development (desired)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Senior Business Subject Matter Expert (SME) - 16680