Senior Software Developer
6300 Interfirst Dr Ann Arbor, Michigan | contract
Ann Arbor, MI
Pay Rate: $76/hr
Primary Job Duties
- Senior-level research, design and development of computer software systems.
- Analyzes software requirements to determine feasibility of design within time and cost constraints.
- Provides design recommendations and options, develops and integrates programs per specifications.
- Provides assistance in researching and adopting new and emerging technologies, evaluating new tools, technologies and platforms to be included in projects.
- Leads project planning sessions with clients and Business Analysts to analyze requirements
- Defines scope of multiple complex projects
- Accountable for tracking status of team's work and ensuring deliverables are produced on agreed schedules.
- Presents status updates for various projects to project management and senior managers.
- Works with vendors to understand technology and performs technical due diligence on third party technology delivery.
- Identifies ways to improve the operation of own area and to achieve efficiencies and results and assists in process improvement.
- Provides technical guidance to team members.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science. (Master's Degree preferred.)
- 8+ years of software engineering experience.
- Strong programming language skill in
- Proficient in RDBMS such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc
- .NET 3/.5/4.0 with WCF, WWF, WPF, and Silverlight
- Great technical and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable in various software design patterns and be able to apply appropriate design patterns to solve business/technical problems.
- Team player who works well across different streams (Product Management, Developers, QA, Operation Team, etc.)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills