Senior Software Engineer
285 E Waterfront Drive Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15120 | contract
Opening with our client in Pittsburgh, PA for a Senior Software Engineer.
This position will design, code, repair, enhance, integrate, upgrade, convert, provide level-3 support, and administer application software, and middleware. Work is performed within guidelines and standards set by management regarding the development life cycle, version control, source code control, documentation, testing, code verification, continuous integration, continuous deployment, automation, compliance policies and team collaboration.Essential Functions
- Develop could-based applications for performance improvement, quality reporting and lifelong learning.
- Designs, modifies, develops, writes and implements software programming applications.
- Responsible for application software development efforts from deployment through maintenance support process.
- Participant in full development life cycle, working within broadly defined parameters and a dynamic, fast-paced, agile environment.
- Will work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Manages tasks and execution against project plans and delivery commitments. Responsible for individual results.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Area of study in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Informatics
- Minimum 5 years of progressive, related application development experience.
- Experience in the following technical areas with demonstrated proficiency:
- Microsoft ASP.NET MVC software development and participation in successful production software deployments.
- Relational Database Concepts.
- Databases (schema).
- SQL, Database query tools.
- SDLC/ADLC Methodologies.
- Experience analyzing data solving problems and troubleshooting to provide solutions.
- Experience in entire application development process, specifically Agile.
- Able to perform code reviews.
- Able to create and maintain technical documentation.
Special Certifications, Licensure or Technical Skills: