Senior User Experience Researcher
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, Minnesota 55123 | contract
Pay Rate: $50/hr
Our client in Eagan, MN is looking for a User Experience Researcher to help them partner with customers in developing desktop and mobile applications for professionals in the legal industry.
The person in this dedicated role will work closely with local and remote teammates in user experience, product development, and technology teams.
The candidate should have demonstrated success in research facilitation as well as comfort in the role of research observer and note taker.
This role focuses on leading and executing design and usability research.
Experience with interaction design principles, tools, and techniques is important both for communication with the internal team and articulating issues to stakeholders.
Candidates should have a broad knowledge and experience with a wide variety of research methods, both qualitative and quantitative, including:
- Think Aloud usability studies
- Heuristic Evaluations
- Contextual Inquiries
- Remote Usability Testing
- Parallel Prototyping
- Persona Development
- Card Sorting
- A/B Testing
- Un-moderated Feedback (example: Usabilla)
- Other User Centered Design (UCD) methods
Candidates should be able to:
- Quickly synthesize business objectives and customer needs
- Develop a UX research approach, schedule, and detailed test plan
- Plan, recruit, script, facilitate, collect, analyze, and document usability data
- Identify and articulate potential usability issues both verbally and through documentation
- Transform the data into prioritized, actionable recommendations (within a SHORT turn-around time)
- Clearly communicate usability analysis, recommendations, and potential design solutions
- Create persuasive presentations geared towards product owners, developers, visual designers, other UX team members, and c-level executives
- Facilitate internal meetings to triage/manage research findings
Previous experience with design or research projects involving complex workflows, visualization of large datasets, operating system-level tools, and both web and software environments is a plus.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related field
- 4+ years of experience applying research to high-volume, interactive B2B and B2C desktop applications, rich Web-based applications, or platform-level tools
- Strong, analytical problem solving, decision-making, and leadership skills
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and tools
- Familiarity with SharePoint
- Familiarity performing studies in a fixed usability lab environment
- Familiarity with data-logging tools and systems such as Morae or Camtasia
User Experience Researcher - 15749