610 Opperman Dr Eagan, Minnesota 55123 | contract
Our client is currently seeking a self-starting highly motivated individual to work with our development team to produce enterprise level working software.
The role will require hands on development through the Agile framework.
This role needs to have strong analytical skills and ability to translate requirements to working software.
Primary Job Duties
- Essential day-to-day responsibilities include performing coding assignments, unit testing, ensuring development standards are being followed, analyzing functional specifications, producing technical specifications and unit testing scripts, and participating in team code reviews and impact assessments.
- Participate in project planning sessions with team members to analyze development requirements, provide design options, and provide work breakdown and estimates of work.
- Recommends solutions for software enhancements.
- Provide accurate and timely status reports on work progress.
- Other duties will include; Production support and subsequent defect research, assistance in technical and/or system documentation may be needed to aid support teams.
- Assist in development of software user manuals, and deployment runbooks.
- \Review work of peers and junior developers.
- Provides technical guidance and coaching to more junior team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 5+ years’ development experience.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills enabling comprehension of complex business and product issues
- Experience in formal software development lifecycle using Agile
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to meet deadlines, goals and objectives within time line
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, proactive, quick learner, and possess strong team attitude
- Java or Scala language expertise.
- ETL expertise for content transformations.
- Symantic Web technologies (RDF, Knowledge Graph, Ontology, Sparql etc...)
- Unit test frameworks.
- Security standards for writing code.
- AWS cloud application development
- Hadoop development with HBase, Hive, HDFS, Avro.
Software Engineer - 15684