State Litigation Specialist
610 Opperman Dr Georgia, GA 30303 | contract
Remote work from 10-20 hours per week.
(Requires Windows-based computer and high speed internet)
Pay Rate: 46/hr
Our client is looking for a temporary contractor with substantial Georgia experience in civil litigation, especially court rules and procedures to write and edit practical guidance for Georgia lawyers.
The State Litigation Specialist will work on documents to publish for online law services.
- Write, edit, and update state-specific litigation resources for online law portal
- Be available to answer questions and perform research on discrete state law issues that arise after final review of these resources.
- JD (Juris Doctorate); State Bar Admission
- 6+ years of experience working as a litigator in a law firm with substantial Georgia experience in civil litigation, especially court rules and procedures to write and edit practical guidance for Georgia lawyers.
- Ability to perform complex legal analysis.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with remote colleagues.
- Strong work ethic and ability to meet deadlines.
- A passion for writing and good editing skills
- Ability to be self-sufficient within a paperless environment
- Proficiency navigating workplace intranets
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn in-house publishing systems without administrative staff support.
- Experience handling litigation files as lead attorney.
- Editorial experience on a law review or journal or with other news media.
- Published works on litigation topics, such as bar association journal articles.
- Experience writing and presenting on litigation topics for continuing legal education.
- Strong academic credentials, including high class rank or academic honors in law school.
Candidates will be required to provide a writing sample on a specified topic after the initial interview.
State Litigation Specialist - Georgia Law - Part-Time - Remote - 16544