Structural Steel CAD / Estimator
PO Box 465 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 16063 | Direct Hire
Estimator/Drafter - Metallurgy - Steel Fabrication
Pay Rate: 40K - 65K
The ideal Estimator/Drafter candidate will have previous experience in fabrication/steel service environment, be organized, motivated, detail-oriented and driven.
- Introduce new and existing corporate products or services to established and potential clients.
- Communicate with customers daily to request orders and provide quotations and lead times by fax telephone, and/or email.
- Work collaboratively with the Outside Sales Team, Production/Operations Managers and Team Leaders, Engineering Department, and outside vendors/service providers to prioritize, coordinate and schedule customer needs and requirements.
- Collect and analyze data to estimate the cost, size, materials, nature and duration of a potential project by interpreting prints, specifications and customer requirements.
- Emphasize service or product features and benefits, discussing credit terms, quoting prices and preparing sales order forms.
- Coordinate with all related departments for order status, ensuring the delivery commitments are met.
- Process cancellations or changes in sales orders and communicating the changes to the related departments.
- Capture accurate and complete information in ERP system for customer relationship management.
- Monitor quality standards and specification requirements and communicate any discrepancies or issues related to jobs that impact quality, scheduling and/or delivery.
- Communicate customer feedback and suggestions for enhancing efficiency, quality, safety, and continuous improvement.
- Maintain and expand the database of customers and prospects of the organization.
- Associate’s Degree in Metallurgy, Drafting, or related engineering discipline is a valued.
- Prior experience in fabrication and steel service center required.
- Trained in inside sales and/or estimating.
- Ability to read, evaluate, and interpret prints, drawings, and specifications.
- Highly proficient level computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and ERP systems.
- Able to work in a fast paced, self-directed environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
Estimator/Drafter - Metallurgy - Steel Fabrication - 15715