Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106 | Contract
Opening with our client in Harrisburg, PA for a Systems Engineer.
The Systems Engineer designs, supports, maintains, and evaluates computer networking and server systems.
This position will be primarily focused on Windows Server administration, along with supporting various other technologies.
Essential Duties will include:
- System management of enterprise servers
- Deploy servers and applications to meet needs of project teams
- Assists in the development of configuration standards.
- Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
- Perform proactive monitoring of enterprise systems
- Monitors system performance and provides statistics to identify capacity or performance problems and makes technical recommendations for appropriate action.
- Respond to alerts and resolve issues identified through monitoring tools
- Provides direct support for system issues.
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
- Responds to system related trouble calls including hardware and software.
- Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- 5 years experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Office
- Virtualization experience using VMWare vSphere
- Microsoft IIS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .Net
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Clustering Technologies
- TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing
- Working knowledge of security concepts and technologies – including PKI, certificate management, TLS/SSL and firewalls