Technical Support Engineer
3900 Dahlman Ave Omaha, Nebraska 68107 | contract
Electrical Engineer - Medium Voltage Switchgear / Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer opening with our client in Omaha, NE.
Pay Rate: $30/hr
Seeking a candidate with a BS in Engineering field and at least 3 years' experience designing Medium Voltage Switchgears.
- Maintain current knowledge/expertise of product engineering technologies, competitor capabilities, practices, market conditions, and channels.
- Provide engineering functions in support of product marketing, manufacturing, and sales in line with company and product line objectives.
- Serve as primary division contact for customers as technical liaison in all aspects of product application, performance, and compliance to specifications and solutions to complex customer problems.
- Review and analyze product configurations and components, design circuits, perform engineering calculations, and provide input to other departments including drafting, purchasing, and manufacturing personnel.
- Participate in company activities such as product design, market and product improvements, productivity, quality and safety improvements.
- Participate in customer project review/drawing approval meetings.
- Participate and lead customer inspections and witness tests.
- Provide project management status of orders to meet OTP objectives, reduce cycle times, manage changes to order requirements and assist with product warranty.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 years’ experience designing Medium Voltage Switchgear
- Experience with PLC or relay programming
- Strong analytical, presentation and customer service skills
- Previous experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- EERP knowledge and experience