Technical Writer - Engineering
120 Liberty Street Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 16323 | Direct Hire
Full-Time, Direct Hire position with our client for a Technical Writer with an engineering and technical background.
The ideal candidate will have a BS in Engineering and experience developing and publishing technical material and programs for industrial machinery.
In this role you will:
- Interface with engineering teams to develop, produce and maintain technical information for operating, troubleshooting, and maintaining all facets of machinery.
- Develop, organize, edit and publish technical reference material
Technical Writer Requirements, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field
- Experience developing and publishing technical material and programs for industrial machinery.
- Experience in Structured Authoring with XML (Extensible Markup Language) preferably, experience with only SGML would be acceptable.
- DITA XML experience would be ideal
- Working experience with OxygenXML and/or Xmetal Editor
- Metadata background, ideally in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment
- S1000D knowledge would be a plus
- Good interpersonal skills (customers and vendors)
Technical Writer (Engineering / Manufacturing) - 15656