26201 Northwestern Hwy Southfield, Michigan 48076 | contract
This position is primarily responsible for friction material testing and development as related to dry and wet clutch applications.
The candidate will prepare samples for mechanical, thermal and friction performance testing. The sample preparation includes curing, cutting, bonding, and sizing of materials to specifications.
The thermomechanical tests include TGA, DMA, DSC, thermal properties, tensile, shear, compression, friction and wear tests.
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials, Chemical, Mechanical Engineering or related field is required. Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in testing, development and/or problem solving with engineering materials, especially friction materials (hot presses, mechanical, thermomechanical and friction testing systems, optical microscopes, metallographic sample preparation, hardness, surface roughness and metrology equipment)
- Hands on experience or willing to be trained on operating MTS, Falex and thermomechanical (TGA, DMA, DSC) test machines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure to Six Sigma concepts
- CAD experience or ability to read technical drawings is desired.
- Programming experience with any of MS Excel Macro, MATLAB-Simulink, FAMOS, Labview are preferred.
- Experience with automotive lubricants and lubricant analysis
Test Engineer - Thermo-mechanical Testing - 16272