Windows Server Administrator
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania 17106 | Contract
Microsoft Windows Server Administrator - MCSE
We have an opening in Harrisburg, PA for a Systems Engineer.
5 years’ overall systems administration experience along with MCSE certification required.
Pay Rate: 30-32/hr
Responsibilities of the Systems Engineer
- Deploy servers and applications to meet needs of project teams
- Determines server sizing and configuration
- Assists in the development of configuration standards.
- Monitors the availability of updates/upgrades, tests and installs updates/upgrades.
- Works closely with Application Teams to deploy code/applications through multiple environments.
- Perform proactive monitoring of enterprise systems
- Respond to alerts and resolve issues identified through monitoring tools
- Provides direct support for system issues.
- Proactively identifies and resolves problems.
- Responds to system related trouble calls including hardware and software.
- Use software such as Remedy to report, track and resolve issues.
- Places service calls for servers and network equipment.
- Assists service providers in resolving service calls.
- Perform related duties as required.
Requirements of the Systems Engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent as well as a minimum of 3 years’ experience or Associates Degree in Computer Science or related field and 4 years’ experience.
- Certifications: MCSE required.
- At least 5 years of experience in the following areas:
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems
- MS IIS
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft .Net
- Microsoft Clustering Technologies
- Active Directory
- Network Security
- VMware vSphere
- TCP/IP, DNS and load balancing