West Chester, PA 19382
Opening with our client for an Application Developer / Database Administrator.
In this role, you will analyze requirements for the development of new or existing application functionality and implement fixes or modifications to new or existing systems to ensure that systems function optimally and that all deadlines are met.
- System design, development, implementation, installation and maintenance.
- Maintain the performance, availability and recoverability of Oracle and MS SQL databases.
- Monitor performance, connectivity, users, processes, backups perform troubleshooting and tuning.
- Ensure proper functioning of integration and replication between database applications
- Troubleshoot application related issues
- Provide production support of assigned applications, including patches and fixes.
- Perform data conversion tasks via detailed and comprehensive extraction scripts, analysis of data relationship and data validation (qualitative and quantitative), and develop a plan to address invalid data issues.
- Create, maintain and update documentation
- Responsible for producing functional requirements from business use cases and articulating those requirements for application developers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5 to 7 years software development expereince including:
- Visual Studio.NET application tools
- SQL Server and Oracle databases and tools
- Advanced understanding of development methodologies (waterfall, iterative, agile, scrum, etc.) and requirements gathering techniques (business use case).
- Expert level knowledge of Microsfot Word, Excel and Access
- Advanced PowerPoint skills
- Advanced MS Visio skills
- Intermediate MS Outlook skill (Email and calendar)
- Ability to understand and follow the system design and architecture
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment, work under pressure and deadline
- Must be methodical and detailed oriented
- Ability to work independently and proceed with objectives.
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of management.
Application Developer / Database Administrator - 19478