washington road Washington, PA 15301
Junior to Mid-Level Candidates encouraged to apply.
MicroStrategy and Cognos experience preferred but will train the right candidate!
Our client is looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and manage BI and analytics solutions that turn data into knowledge.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools)
- Maintain and support data analytics platforms (e.g. MicroStrategy)
- Create tools to store data (e.g. OLAP cubes)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute database queries and conduct analyses
- Create visualizations and reports for requested projects
- Develop and update technical documentation
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 1-3 years of experience with SQL /ETL development or BI development tools.
- Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
- Proficiency with enterprise Business Intelligence tools (MicroStrategy, etc. preferred)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework
- Experience with forming requirements and specifications
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Hands-on experience with both relational and dimensional databases.
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
BI (Business Intelligence) Developer - MicroStrategy - 18417