Big Data Engineer
610 Opperman Dr Eagan, MN 55123
Opening for a Big Data Engineer with a focus on platform and content technologies.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering on the implementation of large scale and complex projects using Big Data technologies.
- Provide Big Data design, development and coding expertise on large, complex projects
- Participate in the full life-cycle of software development; including analysis, design, implementation and testing of new projects and features using Spark, Scala and other Big Data technologies
- Share and communicate technical knowledge, expertise and best practices to the other developers on the team related to Big Data technologies
- Provide development estimates and timelines and track progress against these timelines. Responsible for providing progress update reports and informing management of issues.
- Identify process and technology practices related to architecture and development that can improve efficiency and add business value
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related studies (Masters desired)
- Hands on experience developing Big Data applications using Apache Spark, Scala
- At least 2 years of experience with Hadoop, HDFS, and Big Data Technologies
- At least 1 year of experience with Apache Spark, Scala, and Parquet
- Strong understanding of JSON
- Strong technical leadership; Ability to work effectively in a team environment to deliver results with aggressive deadlines and multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Agile software development methodology a plus
Big Data Engineer - 19201