Long Branch, NJ 07740 US
- Process SAP generated purchase requisitions and monitors orders, ensuring suppliers deliver goods on time
- Execute exception messages (postponement / anticipation / cancellation of orders) generated by customer requests
- Enter new material specifications into SAP according to new or transferred projects
- Analyze and evaluates supplier performance and the company key indicators
- Send requests for quotation according to specifications received from requesting departments
- Receive quotations; compares values and makes analyses
- Update database and list of qualified suppliers
- Gather information and prepares monthly reports
- Support the implementation and maintenance of EHS (Environment, Health and Safety) systems.
- Support the implementation of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
- Bachelor’s degree in supply chain management or similar field
- 2+ year of procurement or supply chain experience
- SAP knowledge and MS Office applications, experience with lean and continuous improvement tools and processes
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with a sense of urgency in completing assigned tasks.
- Ability to manage high-volume workload
- Process-oriented with ability to contribute to continuous improvement.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on attention to detail.
- Strong negotiation and decision making skills
Manufacturing - Buyer - Procurement - 25922