100 Business Center Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15205
Contract to Direct hire role for a Buyer with our manufacturing client in Pittsburgh, PA
The ideal candidate for this position would be experienced in purchasing electro-mechanical components for manufacturing.
- Process requisitions for supplies, research products, clarify specifications, document competitive bidding and enter and print purchase orders.
- Purchase high volume items and materials that cover extended contract periods.
- Negotiate requirements for production of electro-mechanical products in accordance with master schedule, and independent requisitions.
- Control inventory levels of assigned commodities
- Place orders, expediting and rescheduling deliveries to meet production and customer objectives.
- Review vendor contracts and develop contracts and purchasing specs
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Engineering or related field preferred
- 3 to 5 years of experience in purchasing for a product manufacturing company
- Ability to work with a MRP system, and KanBan/JIT inventory replenishment systems.
- Microsoft Office profiency
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with excellent interpersonal skills.
Buyer - 17009