Oxford Solutions https://www.oxfordsolutionsinc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/Oxford-Solutions-logo-social.png http://www.oxfordsolutionsinc.com http://www.oxfordsolutionsinc.com USD 18 24 HOUR true
Pittsburgh, PA 15275 US
Posted: 05/19/2023 2023-05-19 2023-07-01 Employment Type: Direct Hire Industry: Mechanical/Electrical Job Number: 26229 Pay Rate: 18-24/hr
Oxford Solutions has a direct hire opening with our industrial client for a CNC Operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and manage CNC machines to perform activities such as milling, grinding, drilling, etc.
- Studying materials and specifications
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Translating instructions into computer commands
- Setting up and installing tools and attachments
- Calculating requirements
- Preparing and loading raw materials onto the machines
- Planning stock inventory and ordering parts
- Documenting actions
- Conducting machinery checking on a daily basis
- Following safety procedures and regulations
- Supervising the machines
- High School Diploma required; Associate degree preferred
- 1 to 3+ years experience as a CNC machine operator
- Exceptional understanding of how to operate CNC machinery, precision measurement tools along with other tools.
- Computer savvy with a fundamental understanding of computer programming and CAM/CAD
- Strong knowledge of tools and machines such as milling and lathing.
- Good mathematical skills with a mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
Oxford Solutions is a professional staffing firm that specializes in the placement of talented professionals into challenging, career-enriching opportunities. We're based in Pittsburgh, PA, but we have openings with major clients located nationwide. We provide multiple avenues of employment to include contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement. Our well-trained staff of recruiters will work with you to help land your first job or your dream job and strive to always affect people's lives in a positive way.