Pittsburgh, PA 15275 US
- Prepare and manage CNC machines to perform activities such as milling, grinding, drilling, etc.
- Studying materials and specifications
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Translating instructions into computer commands
- Setting up and installing tools and attachments
- Calculating requirements
- Preparing and loading raw materials onto the machines
- Planning stock inventory and ordering parts
- Documenting actions
- Conducting machinery checking on a daily basis
- Following safety procedures and regulations
- Supervising the machines
- High School Diploma required; Associate degree preferred
- 1 to 3+ years experience as a CNC machine operator
- Exceptional understanding of how to operate CNC machinery, precision measurement tools along with other tools.
- Computer savvy with a fundamental understanding of computer programming and CAM/CAD
- Strong knowledge of tools and machines such as milling and lathing.
- Good mathematical skills with a mechanical aptitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and interpret drawings
Meet Your Recruiter
Business Development Manager - Philadelphia Division
Mark is a Penn State alum with a Bachelors’ Degree in Information Sciences and Technology. He was born and raised in Williamsport, PA where he earned his Eagle Scout rank which he considers one of his most revered accomplishments. Mark began working at Oxford Solutions in 2012 as an IT Recruiter, before moving into a leadership role managing a team of technical recruiters. In his current role as Business Development Manager for our Philadelphia branch, he partners with IT clients within small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations to identify niche talent. Mark spends most of his free time with his two daughters or watching Penn State sports. He is also an avid Green Bay Packers Fan.