Cisco Network Engineer
Harrisburg, PA 17140
Cisco Network Engineer opening with our client.
Pay Rate: 40/hr
In this role, you will work as part of a team of network engineers responsible for the architecture, design, monitoring, and management of a company-wide network.
This is a Cisco shop with over 5,000 network devices, 10,000 users, approximately 1,000 remote locations. The Cisco hardware we support includes, but is not limited to, Nexus 9500s, ASR1Ks, 9400s, 4500s, 3900s, 2960s, 4341s, 5585s, 5545s adaptive security appliances, 800 series routers (cellular and broadband), 9800, 8510, 5500 series wireless LAN controllers, and nearly one thousand Cisco access points.
Looking for someone to troubleshoot 1000 remote sites and design, configure, and deploy network devices to new and refreshed sites. The ideal candidate will be able to monitor, maintain, and execute hardware refresh cycles. The WAN is comprised of MPLS, BGP, Metro-E networks with numerous VRFs and security zones.
The preferred candidate must be comfortable in a team environment, but needs to also be self-motivated, able to manage time well, and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Perform day to day troubleshooting of network issues Layer 1- 7
- WAN, LAN, WLAN, VOIP setup and troubleshooting
- Routing and switching
- Switch port configurations
- Router configurations
- Daily interaction with our users and business partners.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- CCNP or CCNA certification preferred but not required
- 7 years experience with:
- Cisco VPN
- Routing and Switching
- Cisco ASA/Firepower
- 5 years experience with
- Cisco ISE (Identity Service Engine)
- Cisco WLC Wireless LAN Controller
- SolarWinds Orion a plus
- Experience in WAN, LAN, WLAN, VPN, certificates, LDAP, AD, Cisco adaptive security appliances, Checkpoint Firewalls VSX, network segmentation, monitoring, and alerting a plus.
- Experience with large scale enterprise network monitoring, documentation, and management tools would be a plus.
- Experience with data center routing and switching as well as multiple data centers would be a bonus.
- Ability to establish and meet work schedules within limited time frames, under tight deadlines.
- Effective problem solving and multi-tasking between multiple projects.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work off hours as the need arises in support of changes to the network.
Cisco Network Engineer - 19027